As the Covid-19 pandemic strikes during the first quarter of 2020, it has become a difficult time for everyone. This pandemic has impacted people in many different ways. Some people have lost their loved ones, some lost their jobs, could no travel and many more.
One of the most problems we have seen is mental health. Due to the lockdown, loss of job, being isolated, and losing someone from the family, many people are facing different mental health issues during this time. These types of issues have impacted men differently.
If you are facing the same issue, this article will be helpful for you. Hench, if you know someone from your family or friend circle who is having issues with mental health, then this could also help them out.
In the following, we will cover how to care about mental health to live a better life. Additionally, you can get help from Dr. Anand Choudhary as he handles these issues perfectly.
How Covid-19 is Affecting Men’s Mental Health
Both the first and second waves of the Covid-19 pandemic are affecting people. As for men, it is becoming harder for them to handle the situation. Eventually, many people are trying to harm themselves physically during this time. This phrase is especially affecting middle-aged men who are not used to stay at home in isolation for a long time.
On the other hand, many people who live alone or living away from their family are finding this situation hard. Losing jobs has made it even worse for men as they are facing financial difficulties. This is one of the key issues to impact men’s mental health as most people address themselves as the main earner of the family.
Additionally, this pandemic is also affecting older men’s mental health, especially when they are living alone. This could also impact their physical health.
How to Care About Your Mental Health
Now you know how the Covid-19 situation is affecting men’s mental health in different ways. If you or someone you know is having the same problem, we can guide you. There are many ways you can care about mental health:
- If you have lost your job or struggling with it, you can think about a job change. Well, it could be hard during this situation, but not impossible. You can also learn new skills to get a better job.
- Consuming news for long period affects mental health. So, make sure you are watching the news as little as possible and distracting your thoughts.
- Your physical health also affects your mental health. Try to start daily exercise, sleep more, and eat healthy foods.
- Meditation is another great therapy for mental health. So, try meditation for at least 10 minutes daily.
- Besides news, social media affect mental health a lot. When you are staying at home, try to avoid social media.
- You can start a new hobby, this way you can reduce stress and negative thoughts. Make sure you are doing something you love.
- Talk to people more either by phone, zoom, facetime etc.. Talking to people is a great way to take care of mental health.